Are you considering building an addition on your Florida home? Have you noticed your lights flickering on and off over the past few weeks? Does your circuit breaker frequently trip? If so, you’re not alone. If you answered yes to any of the questions above, chances are your home needs a heavy up from Hoffman Electrical.
If you live in the Tampa or St. Petersburg, FL areas and need to upgrade your electrical equipment, call Hoffman Electrical or contact us online for a free estimate!
What Is a Heavy Up?
Put simply, a heavy up refers to upgrading your home’s electrical power. A heavy up is when you increase the amperage (electrical power) of an electrical circuit so the circuit can safely accommodate all of your electrical devices and appliances at any one time. In other words, if you find yourself constantly tripping your circuit breakers when one appliance is plugged in or turned on, chances are you need to upgrade the circuitry. Prolonging an upgrade can pose serious risks for your home, including the possibility of an electrical fire.
When Do I Need An Electrical Upgrade?
Building new additions to your home is the most common reason a heavy up is required, however it’s certainly not the only reason. New homes are built to safely accommodate newer technology and more powerful electrical appliances. While technology is changing almost every day, state-of-the-art equipment like home theater systems, powerful refrigerators, washers and dryers, etc. are causing trouble for older, less current electrical technology.
If you experience any of the following signs, you may want to consider upgrading the electrical equipment in your home with a heavy up from Hoffman Electrical:
- Your electrical panel is more than 20 years old
- Your circuit breaker trips frequently
- You’re planning to expand your home
- Your lights flicker constantly
- You plan to upgrade one or more of your major appliances (e.g. washer, dryer, refrigerator, etc.)
Benefits of a Heavy Up in Your Home
We understand that your home is a significant investment, and most likely one of your largest assets. This is why we encourage you to protect your investment and upgrade your electrical equipment. Scheduling a heavy up provides your home with:
- Greater electrical capacity – Most homes more than 20 years old operate using 100 amps of power. However, newer homes are being built with electrical equipment with the capacity of 200 amps to provide more electrical capacity than ever before! This means you can plug in your smartphone chargers, computers, and other essential devices into the same circuit without damaging your devices.
- More flexibility – You no longer have to worry about running the microwave at the same time as the coffee maker. Upgrading the electrical equipment in your home provides for greater flexibility within your home so you can accomplish more around the house without fear of electrical shock or fire.
- Preparedness – A heavy up prepares your home for future additions that may require you to expand your entire electrical system or just add a few outlets.
- Greater safety – The electrical equipment in your home—wiring, outlets, etc.—is rarely taken care of properly, resulting in wires deteriorating and a greater chance of malfunctioning. By scheduling a heavy up, you can rest assured that your electrical equipment is not putting you, your family, pets, or guests at risk.
If you’re ready to provide your home with additional power, contact us for heavy ups in Hillsborough and Pinellas County.
Free Estimates on Heavy Ups in Tampa & St. Petersburg
Hoffman Electrical is a family owned and operated electrical company serving homeowners throughout Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. At Hoffman Electrical, we believe we’ve got the best electricians to handle your project in the St. Petersburg, FL area. But don’t just take our word for it! Check out our reviews on Yelp and Facebook to see what our customers are saying. If you’re in need of a heavy up, give our expert electricians a call at (866) 238-3243 or contact us online!
Ask us about financing »
Hillsborough County & Pinellas County Residential Electricians
We install heavy ups in the following Florida cities:
Hillsborough County (FL) – Apollo Beach, Bloomingdale, Brandon, Carrollwood, Cheval, Citrus Park, Clearwater, East Lake, Lake Magdalene, Lutz, Palm River, Plant City, Riverview, Tampa, Town ‘n’ Country, and Valrico.
Pinellas County (FL) – Clearwater Beach, Dunedin, East Lake, Largo, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor, Pinellas Park, Seminole, St. Petersburg, St. Pete Beach, and Tarpon Springs.