Your home is one of your most significant investments. One way to protect this investment is to install exterior security lighting. As one of the top residential electricians in the Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg, Florida areas, we can design and install a low-voltage security lighting system to properly illuminate and protect your home.
Let us help you find your peace of mind. If you’re interested in installing security lighting in the Tampa or St. Petersburg areas, contact us today!
Security Lighting Design & Installation
At Hoffman Electrical, we’ll work with you to design and install a low-voltage security lighting system that provides a pleasing aesthetic to your home in addition to providing added safety and security features. From keeping unwanted intruders out of your pool or backyard to illuminating dark entryways, our team of electricians can meet any design needs. Give us a call to learn more about our security lighting design and installation process!
Types of Security Lighting
You wouldn’t buy a car without thinking of your needs and wants first. When it comes to security lighting, its best to consider the many different types of systems available. These include:
- Motion-activated – If you want to protect your home and minimize energy costs at the same time, motion-activated security lights are a great option for you. Motion-activated security lights are only activated when they detect motion in a designated area, saving your money and energy when no motion is detected.
- Halogen flood lights – Halogen flood lights are the most common type of security lighting found in the Tampa and St. Petersburg areas. It provides strong lighting at the flick of a switch. Keep in mind, halogen flood lights consume more energy than most other types of security lighting.
- Fluorescent – Fluorescent security lighting is the most practical and conventional type of security lighting. Although many people may consider installing fluorescent security lights a DIY project, it’s best to leave the installation and design to a professional electrician to avoid personal injury and costly repairs.
- HID – HID security lighting, or “high intensity discharge,” emits strong light that is simply incomparable to other kinds of security lighting systems. HID lights are best suited for large residential structures and backyards.
Benefits of Security Lighting
Security lighting provides many benefits that extend beyond added security. When you choose to install security lighting for your home, you benefit from:
- Convenience – Low-voltage security lights serve more than one purpose. Use them to light up your home at night and entertain guests or add a pleasing aesthetic to the exterior of your home.
- Security – Security lighting can illuminate even the darkest areas of your home, including backyards, pools, front yards, dark entryways, and garage areas and keep intruders away.
- Flexibility – Security lights can be connected to automatic timers and dimmers, allowing you to dictate when your lights turn on and off and/or their brightness.
- Safety – Security lighting can ensure can help you avoid tripping when walking around your property as well as make you feel more comfortable when outside during the evening or night.
Tampa & St. Pete’s Security Lighting Experts
At Hoffman Electrical, we’ve been designing and installing security lighting in homes throughout the Tampa and St. Petersburg, FL areas since 1989. We work on an up-front pricing method with no overtime charges or surprise fees. We don’t begin any work until you agree to the exact pricing and scope of work you can expect from us, so you can rest assured your security lighting project is completed on time and on budget.
We Install Security Lighting In the Following Florida Areas:
Hillsborough County (FL) – Apollo Beach, Bloomingdale, Brandon, Carrollwood, Cheval, Citrus Park, Clearwater, East Lake, Lake Magdalene, Lutz, Palm River, Plant City, Riverview, Tampa, Town ‘n’ Country, and Valrico.
Pinellas County (FL) – Clearwater Beach, Dunedin, East Lake, Largo, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor, Pinellas Park, Seminole, St. Petersburg, St. Pete Beach, and Tarpon Springs.