Tampa & St. Petersburg’s Trusted Electrician
Are you unhappy with the lighting arrangement in one of the rooms in your home or office? Or perhaps you are designing a lighting scheme as part of a new construction or complete remodel project—whatever has led you to consider recessed lighting, you’re making a wise decision.
Recessed lighting creates an updated look for any room and offers a streamlined profile of your home or office. It preserves the look of a flat ceiling, opens up small living spaces, and reduces the amount of clutter associated with multiple hanging, floor, and table lamps. Recessed lighting will give your room a sleek, modern feel and will enhance the appearance of any room.
Also referred to as “can lighting,” recessed lighting is mounted up inside the ceiling, shining down from within its recessed enclosure. Because it is contained within the ceiling, it is best to have recessed lighting installed by a professional electrician to avoid unnecessary damage to the ceiling, electrical wiring, and to ensure a flush and attractive appearance.
Hoffman Electrical provides high quality recessed lighting installations for homes and businesses across the Tampa and St. Petersburg, FL areas. Contact us to schedule your can lighting installation, or give us a call—866-238-3243!
Recessed Lighting Services from Hoffman Electrical
Here at Hoffman Electrical, we have the tools and experience to install lighting in any Florida home or office. Our recessed lighting services include:
- New recessed lighting installation (bathrooms, kitchens, offices, etc.)
- Recessed lighting replacement
- Re-lamping of existing light features
- Recessed LED lighting
- Recessed CFL lighting
- Recessed low voltage halogen lighting
- Pendant light installation
- Dimmer switch installation
- Retrofitting existing light features
What Are the Benefits of Recessed Lighting?
Not only do recessed lighting units look attractive, they provide many useful functions that are not available with traditional hanging or mounted ceiling lights. Recessed lights are great for setting the mood of a particular area. We can install them to cast a narrow beam for highlighting certain features of your home, or to cast a dispersed beam for creating pleasant, ambient light. With the proper bulb, recessed lighting can be controlled using a dimmer switch. In fact, its dimming capability is one of the primary reasons people choose to install this type of lighting scheme. Recessed lighting also works well for adding extra light in task areas, while maintaining a generally lower level of light throughout the space.
Recessed lights are:
- Cost efficient – Using a lower voltage than other lighting options, recessed lighting uses energy-efficient components to save you money on your utility bills
- Practical – There are many different uses for recessed lighting. From ambient lighting and accent lighting to providing brighter lights in low-lighting areas, such as kitchens, garages, or offices.
- Easy to install – Recessed lights are easy to install—all that is required is a flat ceiling and electrical access! We can also install recessed lights in walls, stairways, sloped or vaulted ceilings, porches, and even pools or ponds.
- Customizable – Recessed lighting is customizable and can be designed to match any space. We’ll work with you to help determine the best bulb choice, location, and design that perfectly accents your existing interior design.
Selecting the Proper Bulb Type, Housing & Trim
We offer recessed lighting in an incredibly vast selection of sizes and styles. Chances are you already have some notion of the type of lights you think would look nice in your ceiling, but have you considered all the details?
For example, you will need to choose between incandescent, halogen, compact fluorescent, and LED bulb types, and a variety of factors should be considered before making a decision. There are also different types of housing, designed to be hung from the ceiling joists or clipped to drywall. And of course, recessed lighting comes with all sorts of trim options. Our certified electricians can suggest what bulb type, housing, and trim will work best for your Tampa or St. Pete home or office, or we’ll work with you to design and install custom can lighting that is functional and affordable!
Certified Electricians in Tampa & St. Petersburg
Hoffman Electrical has installed nearly every type of recessed lighting on the market, and we are more than happy to sit down with you, discuss your needs, and help you select the appropriate fixtures. We are a leading expert in recessed lighting installation in the Tampa Bay and St. Pete areas. We can help you choose the right spacing pattern and we will install your lights without opening up unnecessary access space in your finished ceiling. Let us give your room a lighting makeover you will love!
Give us a call to begin your recessed lighting project—866-238-3243!