While electricity is a vital part of our day to day both in residential and commercial applications, it’s also highly dangerous and somewhat volatile. This is especially the case when it comes to lightning, or even your everyday power sure. You need comprehensive protection you can trust, and with Hoffman Electrical on your side you’re guaranteed to get it We provide complete lighting arrester installation services, helping you gain dependable lightning and surge protection in your structure.
Florida weather can be extremely unpredictable and often changes at the drop of a hat. Which means that as a Tampa area resident, you’ve probably experienced your fair share of thunderstorms considering we live in the Lightning Capitol of North America! You need to guard your home or commercial property against the dangers caused by lightning strikes. Hoffman Electrical provides the best in electrical services and wiring to our Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater clients. We’ve been the specialists you can trust to get the job done right for decades, providing clear-cut pricing and a customer-focused service that puts your needs first. For arrester services in Florida you can count on our team to provide quality products and complete services.
For lightning arrester installation, maintenance, replacement and more, call on Hoffman Electrical now! You can reach our team any time by contacting us online, or give us a call at 866-238-3243 to discuss your electrical safety needs!
Lightning Arrester Installation Services
To provide proper protection for your home or business arresters must be installed very carefully, and with considerable precision. Each structure is unique, meaning so are your needs. We take a thorough approach to our installation services by starting with a total electrical assessment. With this information we can install arresters at key locations in order to provide comprehensive and dependable protection against surges and storms.
We take your safety and the safety of your electrical equipment seriously, and we’re never satisfied with our work until it is absolutely flawless.
Property Damage Caused by Lightning
If a home or commercial property is struck by lightning, there are two major hazards you should be cautious of:
- Fire danger – Wood and other flammable building materials can easily be ignited anywhere an exposed lightning channel comes in contact with (or passes through) them. When struck by lightning, the most common place for a fire to occur is on the roof or in the attic of your property!
- Power surge damage – If lightning strikes your residence or commercial facility and enters the electrical wiring, the explosive surge can damage even non-electronic appliances that are connected! A lightning strike can be significant and will likely affect, and possibly irreversibly damage, all the electronic devices connected to your home’s electrical wiring.
Contact Hoffman Electrical today if you want to guard your property against lightning damage! If it’s happened to your Florida residence before, it could happen again. It’s not true that lightning never strikes twice!
What Is the Purpose of a Surge Arrester?
Don’t mistake lightning arresters for lightning rods—which do help to divert lightning surges, but not in the same way as a surge arrester. A surge arrester’s main purpose is to protect sensitive electrical equipment that gets struck by lightning by diverting the lightning to the ground. Without one, irreparable damage can be done to your home’s electrical wiring.
Keep these factors in mind when deciding whether a surge arrester is the right choice for your home:
- It does not absorb lightning
- It does not stop lightning from striking
- It protects equipment electrically in parallel with it
- It limits the voltage produced by the lightning
- It diverts the lightning to the ground
Call us today at 866-238-3243866-238-3243 to learn more about how your home or commercial property can benefit from lightning arrester installation in the Tampa area!
The Benefits of Lightning Arresters
Diverts lightning, reduces surge risks. But what does that actually mean for you? What’s the benefit here? You actually stand to gain and retain quite a lot. Installing arresters will:
- Reduce the risks of electrical failure. Arresters are ideal for grounding out large surges of power caused by storms and lightning, helping you avoid wiring and appliance damage.
- Less damage and prolonged system lifespans. Even when surges or lightning strikes don’t outright destroy equipment they will often still leave a mark. This slow type of damage can shave years off of expensive and vital equipment, making prevention an ideal investment.
- Remove risks of electrical fires caused by storms. The worst-case scenario of electricity gone wrong is fire, which can be absolutely devastating. Arresters vastly reduce this risk by diverting harmful surges of power.
- Avoid outlet surges. Power surges and similar issues are actually many, many times more common than most folks think, and these little issues add up over time to create extensive wiring damage and short-lived equipment. Smaller scale arresters and surge protectors will reduce these common problems, preserving your vital electrical appliances and networks.
Why Choose Hoffman Electrical?
At Hoffman Electrical, our electricians are licensed and trained to meet all local and state electrical codes and regulations. When it comes to lightning arrester installation in the Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Clearwater FL areas, we have the tools and experience to safely wire and connect the surge arresters for your home or building. When you choose Hoffman Electrical, you receive:
- Free estimates
- Over 16 years of electrical experience
- Licensed electricians
- Upfront, fixed pricing
- 24/7 emergency electrical service
Surge Arrester Installation in Tampa & St. Petersburg, FL
As a Florida resident, you understand how important it is to protect your property from the damage caused by lightning. If you’re ready to install lightning arresters in your home or at your commercial property, contact us today for a free surge arrester estimate in Hillsborough or Pinellas County!
Our Service Areas Include:
Hillsborough County (FL) – Apollo Beach, Bloomingdale, Brandon, Carrollwood, Cheval, Citrus Park, Clearwater, East Lake, Lake Magdalene, Lutz, Palm River, Plant City, Riverview, Tampa, Town ‘n’ Country, and Valrico.
Pinellas County (FL) – Clearwater Beach, Dunedin, East Lake, Largo, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor, Pinellas Park, Seminole, St. Petersburg, St. Pete Beach, and Tarpon Springs.
Sarasota County (FL) – Englewood, North Port, Osprey, Sarasota, and Venice.
Manatee County (FL) – Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Cortez, Ellenton, Longboat Key, Myakka City, Palmetto, Parrish, and Terra Ceia.