The kitchen is definitely the heart of your Florida home. In it you cook, eat, entertain, use the computer, hang out, and spend quality time with your family. Since you spend so many of your waking hours there, it’s all the more reason to make the space special! So, if you’re looking to change up the lighting in your kitchen or find a way to improve the space, you can count of Hoffman Electrical to help you illuminate your kitchen beautifully.
Whether you’re interested in installing track lighting, recessed lighting, or another fixture, Hoffman Electrical can help. Contact our skilled electricians today!
Types of Kitchen Lighting
When it comes to lighting, there are a variety of fixtures and styles you can incorporate into your Florida kitchen’s design.
When it comes to track lighting, there are a variety of options for you to choose from—if you’re not sure what style you’re looking for, the professionals at Hoffman Electrical can help! The simplest type of track lighting system is a track in the form of a straight line. But if you’re looking for something to add a little more pizazz in your kitchen, you can install track lighting in one of three configurations: H, J or L style, which refers to the way in which the track is shaped.
Track lighting offers many benefits for Clearwater area homeowners, including:
- Illumination – It’s an effective way to illuminate a small space, as well as large spaces with specific areas you want to highlight!
- Versatile – With some track lighting systems, you can choose which direction you want the lights to point in. You can also play around with how many lights you want on the track and how they are spaced. There are so many options you never have to settle! Anytime you want to change the direction of the lights or add more, you can!
- Energy efficient – There are a number of brands that offer LED bulbs for track lighting—an easy way to save money on your electric bill. Not only that, but LEDs are long lasting, which allows for energy savings year in and year out!
This style of lighting creates an updated look for any room and offers a streamlined profile of your home. It preserves the look of a flat ceiling, opens up small living spaces, and reduces the amount of clutter associated with multiple hanging, floor, and table lamps. Recessed lighting will give your room a sleek, modern feel and will enhance the appearance of your Tampa home’s kitchen.
Recessed lights are:
- Cost efficient – Using a lower voltage than other lighting options, recessed lighting uses energy-efficient components to save you money on your utility bills.
- Practical – There are many different uses for recessed lighting. From ambient lighting and accent lighting to providing brighter lights in low-lighting areas, such as kitchens, garages, or offices.
- Easy to install – Recessed lights are easy to install—all that is required is a flat ceiling and electrical access! We can also install recessed lights in walls, stairways, sloped or vaulted ceilings, porches, and even pools or ponds.
- Customizable – Recessed lighting is customizable and can be designed to match any space. We’ll work with you to help determine the best bulb choice, location, and design that perfectly accents your existing interior design.
Installing dimmer light switches allows you to adjust the voltage reaching a light fixture—allowing you to increase or decrease the amount of light in the kitchen depending on the time of day or type of activity, all while saving money.
Benefits of installing dimmer switches include:
- Energy Savings – When you dim a light, you save up to 4 to 9 percent in energy and up to about 20 percent on your energy bills. They allow you to block varying amounts of electrical current from flowing into your lights.
- Increases Durability – Like mentioned previously, dimmer switches use less energy. The softer the light, the longer the bulb will last. With proper dimming, a lightbulb’s lifespan can increase by three or four years.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Dimmer switches create versatility in your home. Turn down the lights during your family movie night. Dim the lights to brighten the pathway to the bathroom at night. Lower the lights to create a romantic or cozy mood. The control is in your hands.
Under Cabinet Lighting
Under cabinet lighting is about a lot more than just plopping some illumination under your cabinet space! Under cabinet lighting is a very effective means of improving the lighting in your kitchen by adding light that is useful both for performing tasks like cooking or cleaning, while also adding to the beauty of your kitchen space.
Under cabinet lighting is most often used to accent the better features of your kitchen, using one of a variety of lighting types available, but it can also be utilized as a major light source when planned properly.
Are you ready to improve the comfort of your home with new lighting fixtures? Hoffman Electrical is at your service! If you live in the Tampa or St. Petersburg area and would like to install track lighting, recessed lighting, under cabinet lighting, or dimmer switches, give us a call at 866-238-3243866-238-3243.
Why Choose Hoffman Electrical?
Family owned and operated since 1989, Hoffman Electrical provides high quality electrical craftsmanship. With over 25 years of industry experience, our professionally trained and licensed electrical technicians can help solve any electrical issues you might be experiencing.
Kitchen Lighting Installation in Hillsborough and Pinellas County
If you’re interested in improving the lighting in your Clearwater, Tampa, or St. Petersburg kitchen, let the experienced electricians at Hoffman Electrical give your home a lighting makeover you will love! Contact us online or call us at 866-238-3243866-238-3243 for a free estimate on kitchen lighting installation in your Tampa or St. Petersburg home.
Our Service Areas Include:
Hillsborough County (FL) – Apollo Beach, Bloomingdale, Brandon, Carrollwood, Cheval, Citrus Park, Clearwater, East Lake, Lake Magdalene, Lutz, Palm River, Plant City, Riverview, Tampa, Town ‘n’ Country, and Valrico.
Pinellas County (FL) – Clearwater Beach, Dunedin, East Lake, Largo, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor, Pinellas Park, Seminole, St. Petersburg, St. Pete Beach, and Tarpon Springs.
Sarasota County (FL) – Englewood, North Port, Osprey, Sarasota, and Venice.
Manatee County (FL) – Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Cortez, Ellenton, Longboat Key, Myakka City, Palmetto, Parrish, and Terra Ceia.