Providing Reliable Generac Generator Installation & Repair
As a Tampa area resident, you understand that the Florida weather can be quite unpredictable. Tampa and St. Petersburg, located along the Gulf Coast of Florida, are prone to sporadic, severe thunderstorms and hurricanes. With unexpected summer storms and hurricanes, there is a pretty good chance you may find yourself without electricity. But that doesn’t have to be the case when you install a home standby generator—the perfect solution to your electrical needs.
Hoffman Electrical is a Generac® Authorized Dealer servicing Hillsborough County, Pinellas County, and their surrounding communities since 1989. We can install a Generac home standby generator that will power your lights during the worst of blackouts, providing 24/7 automatic power protection.
Give us a call to schedule your home standby generator installation in Tampa, St. Petersburg, or Clearwater, or request service by filling out our online contact form!
What Will a Home Standby Generator Power?
Do you live in the Tampa or St. Petersburg, Florida areas and have ever been left without power for a few hours, or even a few days? Have you ever returned home from a day at work, only to find your neighborhood is experiencing a power outage?
The main function of a home standby generator is to provide backup power when the electricity from your local provider is disturbed or unavailable. A typical home may have over 100 devices requiring electrical power, so we understand how important a backup power supply from a home standby generator is to your daily routine. A Generac standby generator will power:
- Heating and cooling systems
- Sump pumps
- Hot water heaters
- Security systems
- Shore power operating for bilge pumps
- And more!
Keep your home running efficiently—no matter the weather outside! Contact Hoffman Electrical to learn more about our home standby generator services.
Benefits of a Generac Home Standby Generator
In addition to providing backup electrical power to your home and its electrical devices, a standby generator provides:
- Automatic start capability – A standby generators kick on within seconds after a power outage, whether it’s due to severe weather or other disruptions. With a home standby generator, essential home functions—food refrigeration, lighting, air conditioning, and cooking abilities—are undisrupted. You and your family can simply continue life (mostly) as usual.
- Peace of mind – Since they are permanent fixtures, home standby generators are nearly impossible to steal. When you factor in the weight of the unit and its connection to your Tampa area home’s gas and electrical lines, it becomes obvious why a home standby generator isn’t a target for theft.
- Safety and convenience – With a home standby generator, you never have to worry about toxic exhaust because the unit is installed a safe distance from your home. Also, there is no need to worry about refueling because a home standby generator is permanently hooked into your home’s gas supply.
- Low operating costs – The costs associated with a home standby generator are much lower than those associated with other forms of backup power. The cost of replacing malfunctioning equipment during a power outage can exceed the cost of installing a standby generator.
Don’t sit without power for longer than you have to! Schedule an appointment for home standby generator installation with Hoffman Electrical if you live in Hillsborough or Pinellas County.
How Does a Standby Generator Work?
There are three basic components to a home standby generator: a generator, transfer switch, and its service entrance breaker.
- Generator – provides power to important or selected systems, including HVAC, refrigeration, hot water heater, and more.
- Transfer Switch – transfers power responsibilities from your home to your generator.
- Service Entrance Breaker – provides protection to the circuit breaker, transfer switch, internal breakers, and generator when transferring power from your home to your generator.
When your home loses its electrical power supply, your Generac standby generator will kick on within 10 seconds of losing power. Equipped with a quiet-test mode, your standby generator will run weekly automatic tests to ensure it is properly working and prepared to run any time of day or night, in any weather.
Why Choose Hoffman Electrical to Install a Generac Generator?
Hoffman Electrical is a family owned and operated business serving the Tampa and Brandon, Florida communities since 1989. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff of electricians install, repair, and perform regular maintenance check-ups in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. When you need an electrician in your home, let our family help yours! Not only do we offer high-quality generator installs, we’ll also make sure your equipment continues to work efficiently and safely.
Home Standby Generator Services from Hoffman Electrical
Whether you want power restored automatically (without power loss delay) or you have a portable generator that you would like to use with a manual transfer switch, Hoffman Electrical can provide you with the generator and transfer switch wiring that you need. It doesn’t matter what sort of generator issue you are having, give us a call if you live in the Clearwater area. Whether you want to install a new generator or repair and maintain an older one, Hoffman Electrical can help.
Contact us today to schedule your home standby generator service from Hoffman Electrical! We have been servicing the Tampa area since 1989!
Providing Generac Generator Installation in:
Hillsborough County (FL) – Apollo Beach, Bloomingdale, Brandon, Carrollwood, Cheval, Citrus Park, Clearwater, East Lake, Lake Magdalene, Lutz, Palm River, Plant City, Riverview, Tampa, Town ‘n’ Country, and Valrico.
Pinellas County (FL) – Clearwater Beach, Dunedin, East Lake, Largo, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor, Pinellas Park, Seminole, St. Petersburg, St. Pete Beach, and Tarpon Springs.