For Electrical Inspections & Code Corrections in the Tampa or St. Petersburg areas, call Hoffman Electrical!
Looking to renovate or expand your home in the Tampa or St. Petersburg, Florida area? If so, you’ll need a certified electrician to perform an electrical inspection to ensure your home meets NEC regulations in the state of Florida (National Electrical Code).
Electrical code violations pose serious health and safety risks to Florida homeowners and their families. Not to mention, living in a home in violation of the NEC could result in hefty fines if left unfixed. When you need an electrical code inspection or electrical code corrections in Florida, call Hoffman Electrical at (866) 238-3243 right away. Our electricians know the NEC like the back of their hands, and we can correct any electrical violations in no time.
Contact Hoffman Electrical, the premier choice of residential electricians in Tampa and St. Petersburg, FL.
Do You Need Code Corrections in Tampa?
According to the NEC, there are a number of violations commonly found in households across Hillsborough County and Pinellas County. These violations must be corrected in all haste, not only to stay within legal parameters, but more importantly to ensure you and your family are safe from possible dangers and complications. Common electrical code violations include:
- Overloaded circuits. Circuits are designed to handle a very precise range of electrical current at any given time. Overloading these by adding too many appliances or electrical systems can lead to serious property damage.
- Damaged wiring. Cracked, chipped, or otherwise compromised wiring can be responsible for considerable appliance damage, and can even result in electrical shock or fire.
- Outdated wiring. Wiring is installed with the intention of lasting for quite a long time, but it’s not installed with the intention of lasting forever. Using old wiring can lead to fire as well as personal risks.
- Poor electrical connections. Weak connections can cause power flickering, overloading and short circuiting, and can result in appliance damage. Connections should be tightened and replaced if needed.
- Incorrect outlet usage. Outlets like GFCIs are ideal for using in areas where water might be present, such as in kitchens, bathrooms, basements, and utility spaces. Failure to use the correct outlet can cause a wide number of problems and dangers.
- Mixed-era technology. New lighting or new appliances should never be wired in to or connected to older or outdated technology. The incompatibility can cause a lot of damage and risks overloading the circuit.
- Faulty breaker panels. Breaker panels are both the operator and safeguard for your home’s electricity. If the panel is too small, too old, or is working incorrectly it can cause problems on every level in your home.
- Safety violations. The NEC details a wide number of small but potentially hazardous issues including outlets installed at an incorrect height, incorrect wire size, and many others. Our experts will perform an in-depth assessment of your home to locate and remedy them all.
The certified and licensed electricians at Hoffman Electrical are extensively trained in handling any and all code violations. We work hard and pursue ongoing training to ensure we stay on top of all changes and additions to code, ensuring we can always offer our clients the best in safety and service quality.
We’ll inspect your home’s entire electrical system from top to bottom, including your breaker panel, receptacles, appliance wiring to outdoor lighting. When issues are found we will handle them right away, creating a detailed list of all of your correction needs. Form here we can confirm with you, discuss what’s needed, and offer the ideal solutions to help you keep costs at a minimum and safety at max.
NFPA 70A & the National Electrical Code (NEC)
The NEC is a set of rules and regulations set forth by the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association), also known as NFPA 70. The state of Florida adopts the regulations set by NFPA 70A, the particular codes and regulations for one- and two-family dwellings.
These regulations are designed to protect your life and property. Whether you want to prevent your children from shocking themselves or stop a potential electrical fire from destroying your home, give us a call at 866-238-3243866-238-3243.
Why Call Hoffman Electrical?
At Hoffman Electrical, our electricians are licensed and trained to meet all local and state electrical codes and regulations. When it comes to electrical codes and inspections in the Tampa and St. Petersburg, FL areas, we have the tools and expertise needed to spot and correct any NEC code violation. When you choose Hoffman Electrical, you receive:
- Free estimates
- Over 16 years of electrical experience
- Licensed electricians
- Upfront, fixed pricing
- 24/7 emergency electrical service
Electrical Code Inspections & Code Corrections in Tampa & St. Petersburg
When it’s time to inspect your home for code violations there’s only one name you need to know – Hoffman Electrical!
Contact us today to schedule your electrical code inspection.
Our Service Areas Include:
Hillsborough County (FL) – Apollo Beach, Bloomingdale, Brandon, Carrollwood, Cheval, Citrus Park, Clearwater, East Lake, Lake Magdalene, Lutz, Palm River, Plant City, Riverview, Tampa, Town ‘n’ Country, and Valrico.
Pinellas County (FL) – Clearwater Beach, Dunedin, East Lake, Largo, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor, Pinellas Park, Seminole, St. Petersburg, St. Pete Beach, and Tarpon Springs.