Is your business prepared to operate when there is no electrical power? Heavy rains and high winds from surprise thunderstorms can turn any beautiful Florida day into a business’s worst nightmare—so don’t let power outages affect your bottom line! At Hoffman Electrical we install, repair, and service commercial standby generators, so your business can stay open when your competitors can’t!
Contact one of our licensed electricians to schedule your commercial generator installation, repair, or maintenance in the Tampa or St. Petersburg, Florida areas today!
What Is a Standby Generator?
Have you ever left a store and noticed its neighboring businesses are all without power? That’s because the store you were in has a standby generator. A standby generator is a generator supplying backup power to a building that automatically kicks on when a loss of power occurs and automatically turns off when power returns. This transition happens flawlessly and often times goes unnoticed when inside a store.
A commercial standby generator:
- Keeps the HVAC system operating
- Keeps lights on
- Keeps sump pumps operating
- Keeps power running to your hot water heater
- Keeps refrigerators running
- Keeps security systems running
- Keeps all electronics—computers, cash registers, etc.—running
- And more!
Authorized GENERAC® Dealer
Hoffman Electrical is an authorized Generac dealer. No matter the big or small your business is, we’ll meet with you and perform a comprehensive analysis of your current electrical system to determine what size Generac commercial standby generator is right for your office, store, warehouse, or other commercial facility.
To find out if your office or commercial property is capable of installing a standby generator, call us today at (866) 238-3243!
Commercial Generator Repair & Maintenance from Hoffman Electrical
Depending on the size of your business, your commercial property may require a single-phase standby or a three-phase standby generator.
A single-phase standby generator is recommended for small businesses and supplies 120 to 240 volts of electricity. A three-phase commercial generator is recommended for businesses running and operating heavy machinery, large HVAC systems, large refrigeration/freezers, etc. and supplies 240 volts or more of electrical current. Some three-phase standby generators require transformers or other electrical equipment to match the electrical supply of your electrical supply company, pass government codes and jurisdictions, and may require approval of engineering plans or even an engineer’s supervision upon installation.
At Hoffman Electrical, we service and repair all brands and all sizes of generators. Give us a call at (866) 238-3243 or contact us online to request commercial generator service in Tampa or St. Petersburg, FL today!
Who Needs Emergency Power?
For some commercial buildings, not having power prevents huge losses and can even be a matter of life and death. Businesses in the Tampa area that need emergency power the most include:
- Grocery stores – If you think the potential for food spoilage is large in your own home, picture the losses a grocery store could face if refrigeration goes out for several hours or longer. An emergency generator provides peace of mind for grocery store owners in Florida and prevents tremendous waste.
- Government or secure buildings – Imagine if the power went out in a prison where electric door locks flew open. Or in a secure government building where vaults and other secure areas opened by themselves. Generators work to secure government buildings during a power failure.
- Hospitals – Just think if a power failure occurred in the middle of a delicate surgery. Or if life support equipment suddenly stopped receiving power. These and other life and death situations would be catastrophic in hospital settings without emergency generators. Instantaneous backup systems kick in emergency power without any delay.
Benefits of a Commercial Generac Generator
In addition to providing backup electrical power to your businesses and its electrical devices, a Generac generator provides:
- Automatic start capability – A generators kick on within seconds after a power outage, whether it’s due to severe weather or other disruptions. With a Generac generator, essential functions—emergency lighting, air conditioning, and cooking abilities—are undisrupted. You and your tenants can simply continue about your day (mostly) as usual.
- Peace of mind – Since they are permanent fixtures, generators are nearly impossible to steal. When you factor in the weight of the unit and its connection to your Tampa area commercial property’s gas and electrical lines, it becomes obvious why a Generac generator isn’t a target for theft.
- Safety and convenience – With a backup generator, you never have to worry about toxic exhaust because the unit is installed a safe distance from your business. Also, there is no need to worry about refueling because a Generac generator is permanently hooked into your property’s gas supply.
- Low operating costs – The costs associated with a standby generator are much lower than those associated with other forms of backup power. The cost of replacing malfunctioning equipment during a power outage can exceed the cost of installing a standby generator.
Don’t sit without power for longer than you have to! Schedule an appointment for Generac generator installation with Hoffman Electrical if you own a property in Hillsborough or Pinellas County.
Why Choose Hoffman Electrical to Install a Generac Generator?
Hoffman Electrical is a family owned and operated business serving the Tampa and Brandon, Florida communities since 1989. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff of electricians install, repair, and perform regular maintenance check-ups in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. When you need an electrician in your commercial building, let us help! Not only do we offer high-quality generator installs, we’ll also make sure your equipment continues to work efficiently and safely.
Generac Generators in Tampa & St. Petersburg
Our electricians are some of the best in the business. At Hoffman Electrical, we’re a family owned and operated business serving Tampa, St. Petersburg, and their surrounding communities since 1989. We charge by the job, not by the hour. Our fair, fixed pricing ensures there are no surprise charges or hidden fees.
Contact us online or give us at (866) 238-3243 to schedule your commercial generator installation, repair, or maintenance today!
Providing Commercial Generac Generator Services in:
Hillsborough County (FL) – Apollo Beach, Bloomingdale, Brandon, Carrollwood, Cheval, Citrus Park, Clearwater, East Lake, Lake Magdalene, Lutz, Palm River, Plant City, Riverview, Tampa, Town ‘n’ Country, and Valrico.
Pinellas County (FL) – Clearwater Beach, Dunedin, East Lake, Largo, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor, Pinellas Park, Seminole, St. Petersburg, St. Pete Beach, and Tarpon Springs.