A heavy up, or electrical panel upgrade, is meant to enhance the capacity of your home’s existing electrical system. This type of upgrade will ensure your home has an adequate supply of power to operate all of your electrical devices safely, without overloading circuitry, or causing other issues. Considering that energy usage in homes across the nation, is up an average of over 600 percent over the last 50 years, and climbing, it’s easy to understand why your home may be in need of a heavy up, but if you’re still not sure, keep reading on to learn the answer.
For electrical upgrades in Hillsborough and Pinellas County, call the experts at Hoffman Electrical & A/C at (866) 238-3243, or contact us online to arrange for a free estimate.
Why Does My Home Need A Heavy Up?
There are a number of reasons why your home may be a candidate for a heavy up, including the following:
- Age. If your home was built more than 25 years ago, the electrical panel may be outdated, and ill-equipped to handle present day demands. If your home has a fuse box, there is a risk of overloaded circuitry, which can lead to blown fuses, tripped breakers, and severe shocks.
- Safety. Electrical systems not built to accommodate your current needs creates an electrical hazard throughout your entire home, which may eventually lead to system failure or an electrical fire.
- Flickering lights. Have you ever plugged in, or turned on a small appliance, only to trip the breaker, or cause lights to flicker? A heavy up will increase the capacity of your electrical system, while providing additional room to grow.
- Increased demand. Adding or upgrading major appliances such as a hot tub, washer and dryer, or other high-powered devices, your home will benefit from a heavy up.
- Increased square footage. Any size remodel or renovation can place additional demands on your existing electrical system. Hoffman Electrical & A/C can help you determine exactly how much extra power you’ll need for your new addition.
Benefits of Heavy Ups
A heavy up is not a one size fits all type of solution. Depending on your needs and goals, upgrades can range from simple to complex, any of which will provide you with a number of important benefits, including:
- Enhanced performance. By increasing the capacity of your electrical system, prior issues or concerns, such as flickering lights, or tripped breakers are alleviated, increasing efficiency across the board.
- Increased safety. Safety standards and practices have changed a great deal over the years, and depending on the age of your home, and electrical panel, your equipment may pose a number of hazards to your home and family. Heavy ups provide a solution to these issues, increasing the value, and safety of your home.
- Room to grow. Future additions, renovations, or purchases are made easier with an electrical panel upgrade.
- Greater power. By adding more amperage to your home with a heavy up, you’re free to power up more devices at once, without fear of overloading the circuits or damaging valuable electronics.
When you’re ready to upgrade your electrical panel, and increase the level of power in your home, contact Hoffman Electrical & A/C online, or give us a call at (866) 238-3243.
Free Estimates on Heavy Ups in Hillsborough & Pinellas County
Hoffman Electrical & A/C is a family owned and operated electrical company serving homeowners throughout Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. At Hoffman Electrical & A/C, we believe we’ve got the best electricians to handle your project in Clearwater, Tampa, and St. Petersburg, FL. But don’t just take our word for it! Check out our reviews on Yelp and Facebook to see what our customers are saying.
Still unsure if your home needs a heavy up? Call the experts at Hoffman Electrical & A/C, at (866) 238-3243, or contact us online.