As a homeowner, you’re constantly on the lookout for cost-reducing tricks that will save you money on your monthly electric bills. If you open your electrical bill only to continually stress about the total you see staring back at you, it may be time to take some steps to reduce your energy costs. At Hoffman Electrical & A/C, we do our best to provide residents of Hillsborough and Pinellas County with advice that will save them money all year long!
Learn how to reduce your monthly electrical bills by contacting Hoffman Electrical & A/C today!
Seven Money Saving Electrical Tips
You can help to reduce your regular electrical costs by taking some of the following money saving steps.
- Use Motion Sensors – Switching outdoor lighting for motion sensor lights can help you save energy and reduce the strain on your electrical system. You will no longer have to leave a light constantly shining outside at night as the motion sensor will turn on as needed.
- Buy ENERGY STAR® Appliances – Buying energy star rated appliances can help you to cut back on your electricity usage and save you money. Look for the rating on appliances, the higher the star rating the more energy efficient the product is.
- Maintain Your HVAC System – An HVAC system that is regularly maintained will use less electricity to heat and cool your home. Be sure to have each system maintained once a year.
- Turn off Energy Guzzlers – Appliances that are plugged in but not in use will still drain energy. Be sure to unplug appliances after you use them or use a power board to easily switch a collection of electrical appliances on and off.
- Turn Down Your Water Heater – Turning down your water heater can help save you money. Adjust the temperature down till you have a temperature that feels comfortable when showering.
- Ask About Smart Metering – Many electrical companies across the country offer smart metering. Smart metering helps you to save money by allowing you to pay less for electricity usage during certain times of the day. Call your electricity provider and ask about having a smart meter attached to your meter box.
- Change out Your Heating and Cooling Filters – Switching out the filter in your heating and cooling systems on a regular basis will help with your systems efficiency. When filters get clogged your heating or cooling system has to work harder to push the air into your home.
Whether you choose to use just one of these tips or you use all seven, making small changes can help you reduce your electrical costs.
Call Hoffman Electrical & A/C for Ways to Save on Your Electric Bills in Hillsborough & Pinellas County!
When it comes to high electrical bills, there are so many ways to lower your bill that you might not think of. Hoffman Electrical & A/C can help with all your electrical needs in the Tampa, Clearwater, and St. Petersburg, FL areas. Whether you need electrical upgrades or dedicated circuitry installation, our licensed electricians will also be happy to help! Contact us for additional advice to help you lower your electric bill in the winter and all year long.