There are tons of great ways to update and improve the outdoor areas around your Tampa or Clearwater home. Chancing up the garden, adding some trees, hardscaping, slope mitigation—the options really are at least somewhat limitless. But today the electricians at Hoffman Electrical & A/C want to talk to you about a whole different way to give your yard and outdoor areas a boost: outdoor lighting!
What Do You Want to Improve?
There are two primary ways to look at outdoor lighting. One is, as you are probably already thinking about, aesthetics. The other is security. You can do both for sure, but identifying what exactly you’re shooting for will help you save money and frustration by trying to do everything at once.
Improving Aesthetics Through Outdoor Lighting in Tampa
Want to use outdoor lighting to beautify your space? It’s a great idea! Lighting is excellent because it can slot in essentially anywhere in outdoor design. It can play the role of primary focus, or it can just as easily highlight areas of your outdoor space you particularly enjoy.
- Use accent lighting to highlight the spaces you love most. Accent lights like pendant lights, lamps, and certain types of uplighting are great for keeping the most gorgeous aspects of your landscape visible and striking in the evening hours.
- Path and drive lighting makes your home feel more welcoming. One of the most common mistakes we see in outdoor lighting is a gorgeous, well-designed, and well lit home exterior, and then nothing but darkness all throughout the yard. It tends to make homes look imposing rather than appealing, and path/drive lighting can fix this in one simple and effective project.
- Uplighting is awesome for trees and hardscapes. Particularly fond of that imported cherry blossom or fancy new gazebo? Uplighting adds both nighttime visibility and a stunning look when done properly.
- Plan pool and patio lighting for hosting the best parties on the block. Like to entertain? No one likes to huddle up around the one outdoor lamp or a single fire pit. Instead offer guests safety and an appealing view with carefully planned patio lighting that makes your outdoor investments shine!
Boosting Security with Outdoor Lighting
Building something beautiful is always worthwhile, but using lighting for security can also bring you lots of benefits. And done right, it can even add aesthetic value at the same time!
- Motion lighting is an excellent deterrent. Vandalism isn’t exactly common in the Hillsborough County area, but it does happen from time to time. Motion lighting set near entryways and windows can give unsuspecting intruders a surprise, sending them running.
- Flood lighting boosts your outdoor safety. Flood lights near buildings or areas you tend to frequent in the evening reduce tripping hazards and help you navigate safely. Path lighting can also pull double duty here, offering beauty and sure-footed safety.
Superior Outdoor Lighting Solutions in Tampa, FL
Need help designing your new outdoor lighting fixtures, or ready to begin a new lighting project to beautify your landscape? Contact the certified electricians at Hoffman Electrical & A/C! We make a point to help clients get the best in services and products both, so never hesitate to contact us online to get the ball rolling!