The holiday season is shifting into gear, and first up is our sometimes spooky favorite, Halloween! But many homeowners know that while some costumes might spark a fright, the true terror comes from looking at those holiday electric bills. Planning on doing some decorating but worried about those inflated energy costs? The experts at Hoffman Electrical have some solutions for you!
Our endless goal is to always provide the absolute best electrical services possible to our Tampa patrons. Sometimes we do this through top-quality lighting or maybe electrical installation. But just as often, our service can be just about giving some good advice! Looking for some solutions to your holiday energy woes? We can certainly help.
Quick & Easy Tips To Lower Energy Consumption
Some of these are pretty holiday-specific, but many of them can benefit you all year long! To reduce energy use and maximize savings, consider the following:
- Transition to LEDs. Strands of colorful lights are a mainstay throughout the entire back quarter of the year. And while they’re gorgeous and often a neighborhood favorite, they can be a massive drain on your wallet. To reduce your use, pick LED holiday lights over the older incandescent option. Not only will they last much, much longer, but you could literally light multiple strands of LED with the same power it takes to light a single bulb from an incandescent strand. As a plus, the dramatically lower wattage requirement makes them safer to boot!
- Make use of timers. Many electrical holiday decorations have timer options built in or are available with this feature. Make use of it! Setting a timer to kick off your lights and gadgets in the mid-evening can save you tons of energy throughout the season, resulting in a much lighter load and much heavier wallet.
- Consider outdoor lighting upgrades. Aside from decoration, many homeowners make use of standard outdoor lighting more in the latter months as well. With earlier evenings comes earlier darkness, and we count on our outdoor lights to keep outdoors safe. Still using old, outdated lighting? If so, you could be paying double, even triple what you could be with modern lighting installation!
- Reduce use. Holidays often mean guests in one form or another. Whether you’ve got the family over, or you’re throwing a party, be sure to minimize your electrical use by keeping up with guests. Make sure everyone knows to shut off a light if they leave the room and do what you can to reduce losing cooled or heated air with excessive door opening/closing. These may seem like small things, but they can mean tens of dollars on your monthly electrical bill!
- Be an efficient chef. Doing a lot of holiday cooking? A busy kitchen can quickly become a mass of energy consumption if you’re not careful! Let foods that bake at the same temperature carpool the oven, avoid opening your fridge excessively (Practice that Mise en place!), and use ENERGY STAR® appliances to maximize your savings for years to come.
Why Choose Hoffman Electrical for Your Florida Residential Electric Needs?
Hoffman Electrical is a family owned and operated business serving the Tampa and Brandon, Florida communities since 1989. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff of electricians install, repair, and perform regular maintenance check-ups in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. When you need an electrician in your home, let our family help yours! We provide a variety of in-home electrical services, including installations, repair, and routine maintenance. Not only do we offer high-quality installs, but we’ll also make sure your equipment continues to work efficiently and safely.
For electrical services in Tampa, Brandon, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, or their surrounding areas, contact us online or call us at 866-238-3243 today!