When you think about your personal pool or hot tub, what comes to mind? Probably parties, relaxing evenings, or family fun, right? Electrical shock, property loss, and other dangers are probably the furthest from your mind, and that’s how it should be! That is, if you’re sure the wiring for your pool and or hot tub are in perfect working order.
For the certified, licensed electricians at Hoffman Electrical & A/C, absolutely nothing is more important than ensuring the safety of both you and your electrical appliances or fixtures. We would like to take a moment to elucidate you on some of the potential dangers of faulty pool and hot tub wiring, how to identify problems, and how to handle them.
For professional pool or hot tub wiring in Hillsborough or Pinellas County, contact Hoffman Electrical & A/C today!
How to Identify Faulty Wiring
When in proper order, the electrical aspects of your pool are pretty much the equivalent of white noise. Everything operates as normal, and you get all of the comfort and fun you wanted out of your system. So, naturally when something goes awry, you’re likely to notice. But how do you identify the issue? Here are some simple signs:
- Filters or pumps are not working properly/not operating at all. You can spot this one easily. Are there amounts of detritus or debris in your pool that shouldn’t be? Or possibly there is mold or discoloration along the walls and bottom of your pool. If so, there’s a solid chance that your pump’s wiring is out of whack. Another easy check is to simply listen for it. The pump makes use of a fan or propelling system, and it makes a soft humming sound when operating.
- Lights are flickering, blinking or inoperable. A sure sign that something is amiss, if you note any odd behavior from your lights, it’s time to call in a professional. Left alone, faulty wiring will only worsen!
- Audible buzzing or popping. Whether through media or personal experience, most of us are familiar with the dangerous sound of electrical buzzing. If you notice this, do not use your pool. Get it fixed by a trusted professional right away.
- Light to moderate electrical currents. Have you ever made the mistake of touching low-wattage appliances while wet? You probably were rewarded with a low-grade, uncomfortable buzz through your limbs. Faulty pool and hot tub wiring can cause this if lights or other fixtures are faulty, causing you to feel that uncomfortable tingle when near them in the water. This is very dangerous, and the pool should no longer be in use until the problem has been addressed.
The Dangers of Faulty Wiring
So what can faulty wiring cause? The difficulties can range from annoying to physically dangerous!
- Property damage. Faulty wiring can lead to surges, fire and the breakdown of your pool or hot tub’s electrical components.
- Property loss. If left unattended for too long, faulty wiring can lead to irreparable damage, necessitating costly replacement.
- Electrical shock. The voltage supplied by your wiring can cause a shock ranging from uncomfortable to potentially fatal! If you notice any signs of faulty wiring, get it fixed without delay.
Pool & Hot Tub Wiring in Clearwater, St. Petersburg & Tampa
Building a pool is a significant investment in your Tampa-area home. Whether you wish to install an in-ground pool or above-ground pool, the electrical wiring is just as important as the water! We can help properly wire your pool to ensure it runs flawlessly for years to come. When you choose Hoffman Electrical & A/C to wire your pool, you’ll receive:
- Proper wiring in accordance with all NFPA and NEC regulations
- Local and state certified electricians
- Excellent customer service
- Up-front pricing
- And more!
You wouldn’t try to build and install a pool all by yourself, so why attempt to wire your pool and risk future damage, electrical shock, or even a fatality? Contact the experts at Hoffman Electrical & A/C for pool and hot tub wiring services you can trust.