Lights are one of the greatest things about the holidays. You’ll find them in trees, colorfully decorating home exteriors; you’ll even find them on vehicles. And honestly, we love it. Lighting is one of the keys to the spirit of the season and an integral part to this time of the year. But, as we’re all well aware, they aren’t exactly the easiest thing in the world on your energy bills.
Looking for ways to keep your holiday lighting costs at a minimum this year? With more than 25 years of experience and knowledge, we can give you a hand! Sit back, relax, and let the certified electricians at Hoffman Electrical & A/C show you some quick and simple ways to lower holiday lighting costs!
Save on Lighting Costs With These Tips
We’ll have some “standard” ideas in here for sure, but for the most part let’s think a bit outside of the box. Sound good? Here we go:
- Make the change to LED. We mention this nearly at every opportunity possible. Why? Because whether you’re talking light bulbs or holiday lights, the results are the same. LED lights use a tenth or less of the power of incandescent lights. A tenth! Plus they last for years and years. If that’s not a deal, we don’t know what is.
- Make use of programmable lights and timers. If you’ve taken the time and put in the effort, you want to reap the benefits, right? Lights shine the best at night, and you want them on full display. But at the same time, those lights aren’t doing much good past midnight other than burning up a ton of energy. Use timers or a programmable lighting system to keep your lights going only when you want them to and you could be saving bundles.
- Be a smart shopper. They eat up energy once you have them, sure, but keep in mind the cost of purchase as well. It’s extremely easy to invest huge amounts in holiday lighting, so keep an eye out for coupons and similar deals, particularly on energy-efficient decorations. And when possible, shop post-season in preparation for the next year when the sales get really juicy.
- Don’t use electricity. We know, it’s an obvious statement. But hear us out. Consider the use of candlelight for your holiday to not only save a ton on electricity, but to also get some real luxury in your decoration and design. Candlelit outdoor lanterns and sconces are absolutely excellent, and cost little more than the fixture and a couple sticks of wax. Just be sure to stay safe. Open flame is, of course, a bit risky when you’re not being careful.
- Batteries are power sources, too. Battery-powered decorations are a great way to trim on costs when used sparingly. For decorations you plan to only run in the evenings, battery power is a great way to go and can save you tons of cash. Not only that, but sprinkling some battery-operated decorations will free up precious outlets as well!
Why Choose Hoffman Electrical & A/C for your Florida Residential Electric Needs?
Hoffman Electrical & A/C is a family owned and operated business serving the Tampa and Brandon, Florida communities since 1989. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff of electricians install, repair, and perform regular maintenance check-ups in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. When you need an electrician in your home, let our family help yours! We provide a variety of in-home electrical services, including installations, repair, and routine maintenance. Not only do we offer high-quality installs, we’ll also make sure your equipment continues to work efficiently and safely.
For electrical services in Tampa, Brandon, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, or their surrounding areas, contact us online or call us at (866) 238-3243 today!